Putting the health of Louisville first.
We have representatives from all parts of the community: businesses, government, schools, civic and nonprofit organizations.
Our mission is to improve the physical, mental and social well-being of Louisville, with the goal of increasing the number of Healthy Days* – your quality of life – 20 percent by 2020 and beyond.
The Louisville Health Advisory Board believes that by coming together we can collectively create positive change that enables our community to enjoy more Healthy Days. We are doing this by focusing in the following areas: Behavioral Health, Community Coordination of Care, Cultural/Social Impact, Diabetes, Respiratory Health, and Communications.
Having more Healthy Days means things like spending quality time with family, exploring the outdoors, working jobs that challenge and fulfill us and opportunities to learn new skills.
The Louisville Health Advisory Board’s 6 committees are currently focused on:
- Design and implement a community-wide, evidence-based and data-driven program to eliminate suicides in Louisville.
Community Coordination of Care:
- Pilot an assertive care model of medical care and disease management need along with community needs navigation.
- Drive social innovation in community health through policy, data and culture.
- Build a pipeline to shepherd people with pre-diabetes from diagnosis to successful Center for Disease Control and Prevention approved Diabetes Prevention Program completion.
- Increase the awareness of program and policy initiatives that will improve lung health in our community.
- Lift up Louisville’s focus on health and the Board’s efforts to improve quality of life by engaging stakeholders through stories and social engagement.
*Healthy Days is a tool created by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that tracks quality of life by measuring individual physical and mental health in a 30 day period. We are using Healthy Days to track progress toward our Bold Goal – to make Louisville 20 percent Healthier by 2020.
Learn more about Humana's Bold Goal and the other Health Advisory Boards by visiting humana.com/boldgoal
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about getting involved.
Join the growing conversation around improving our community’s health and well-being with #MoreHealthyDays.